Links of interest for 14 Nov 2008 - 1 Dec 2008:
- Replacing high-end Unix with enterprise Linux? Not so fast - It's nice to see some people are actually looking at the merits of Solaris 10 and it's Containers (aka zones with provisioning) in comparison to a Linux/VMware alternative.
- Ubuntu vs. OpenSolaris vs. FreeBSD Benchmarks - Interesting benchmarking of these 3 popular operating systems, and believe it or not OpenSolaris (or Slow-aris as it was once coined) does pretty well.
- Code Instructions: Java Performance - A good read if you still have doubts about Java's performance. Java is much much quicker than it used to be.
- What Sun Should Do - Good breakdown of where sun should, could and are heading.
- The story on Sun's Q1FY09 results - a loss, or a fresh start? Sun and the future - Finally as glowing review of Sun's Q1 results and the direction the company is heading. Someone outside of Sun is actually seeing the bigger picture of where Sun is heading.
- Is your (website’s) underwear showing? - Oooops, I'm guilty of forgetting to set a background colour on my websites. It's not something you think about much if you're developing a site with a white background.