Links of interest for 21 Mar 2008 - 25 Mar 2008:
- Paper Enigma Machine - What a brilliant idea, and a great teaching tool too.
- Sun turns to lasers to speed up computer chips - Now this would be brilliant if Sun research proves to be a success. Sun's continually proving it is light years (excuse the pun) ahead of everyone else in the processor business and this is just another example.
- Australian WiMAX pioneer trashes technology as "miserable failure" - I wonder how many more people are going to come forward now and bring their problems to light. All it takes is for one person to voice concern and others will follow. This is the only way WiMAX can iron out these issues before becoming "official"
- From BFS to ZFS: past, present, and future of file systems - Great article on the filesystems and their history.
- Firefox 3 goes on a diet, eats less memory than IE and Opera - Finally!! Firefox has got it's memory usage under control. Only time will tell how well it keeps things in check, especially when badly coded extensions/add-ons are added to the mix.