Links for 9 August 2007 - 6 September 2007
Links of interest for 9 August 2007 - 6 September 2007:
- BIND 8 Has been EOLd - ISC have announced BIND 8 is End of Life as of 27 August 2007 and is encouraging everyone move to BIND 9. I wonder if Sun will be backporting BIND 9 to Solaris 8 and 9, or opting to run their own patch stream until these OSes are EOLd.
- NetApp Hits Sun With Patent Infringement Lawsuit - I can't help feel this is NetApp showing it's fear of ZFS and Sun's future products based on ZFS. Why else would they file the patent suit in Lufkin, Texas, home of most patent trolls. Only time will tell how this turns out.
- Lockheed Martin "eats its own dogfood," rolls out IPv6 - I think this must be the first multi-national to announce the switch IPv6. I know a lot of companies and Universities are doing their internal testing. Maybe they'll start to roll this out into production after reading this.
- Ubuntu getting Xorg.conf GUI - I don't think it'll be long before this is ported to Solaris, especially with the current Indiana drive.
- Investors bailing on SCO stock, SCOX plummets - Ooops. Surely SCO must has seen this coming. Oh well, that'll teach 'em.
- Pure Java?, Pure Evil? Popups - Nasty, very nasty little bug in Java. I've not seen this being abused in the wild yet, but I don't think it'll be long before it is.